It’s Valentine’s Day!
Whether you’re a diehard romantic who looks forward to a little wining and dining, or a cynic who spouts about the consumerism of it all, there’s no escaping it – red roses and chocolates are everywhere today.
Me, I think V day is whatever you choose to make it, I was single for ages and I made V Day a slightly sad reminder, but now I’m with someone special it’s a reminder to feel grateful that he’s in my world.
The girls at work had ‘Galentines Day‘ yesterday where all the single girls celebrated by giving each other little sweetheart pressies and reminding each other how awesome they are – luv it!!
As usual my mind has turned to travel and I thought it would be fun to make a list of my top five dreamy romantic destinations – a bit of a wish list admittedly – dream on I say!
- Daintree Eco Lodge and Spa A night in a rainforest ‘Bayan’ or treehouse sounds pretty spesh to me…. can you picture yourself, treetop jaccuzzi, glass of bubbly in hand, looking out into the lush rainforest… oh yeah
- Queenstown I dream of getting cosy with my beau in Queenstown, next to a roaring fire after a day exploring the amazing scenery, (and maybe some mountain biking thrown in), we finish our day with a beautiful, locally sourced dinner…girl’s gotta dream right!
- Lizard Island A secluded island in the Great Barrier Reef, only accessible by plane. Lizard Island’s hotel is consistently ranked as one of the best in the world and after a year of restoration after Cyclone Ita, Lizard Island is about to reopen for business. Private white sand beaches and crystal clear blue waters, swimming, diving, spa treatments and five-star cuisine, this beautiful island oasis is high on my bucket list.
- Sailing the Whitsundays How about sailing the Whitsundays on your very own private luxury yacht. You can charter your own yacht or hire a professional crew to skipper the boat while you sit back and enjoy your time afloat, you can even have your own chef and hostess to cater for your every need….sundowners on the deck as the sea breeze ruffles your hair….
- Saffire Freycinet Luxury Lodge Located on the East coast of Tasmania, with views that are some of the most beautiful in the world, I’ve saved the best till last. Voted the World’s Best Boutique Hotel and #1 luxury hotel in Australia, a visit here is like you’ve died and gone to heaven. Seriously, take a look at the photos…
Nice to dream isn’t it!
Happy Valentines Day xxxxxxx
ps What are your top 5? Let me know in the comments