If you haven’t heard of David Wolfe before, then I recommend you check him out. He is a world renowned expert in nutritional health and well being. He is touring Australia at the moment and yesterday I went to the Brisbane Convention Centre to hear what he had to say. He was on stage for more than six hours, sharing his perspective expanding wisdom – I was in my element!
This doesn’t begin to scratch the surface of his lecture, but here are a few of the insights I gained from David’s talk:
- Food is a powerful tool of transformation.
- Eat as though your diet is your insurance policy. Anyone can eat anything they want, for a time. But at some point, maybe five years, maybe ten years down the track a bad diet will catch up with you. Stack the odds in your favour by learning how to nourish your body and bombard it with superfoods and vegetables.
- What you judge and deny comes back to you, until you ‘get’ the learning.
- Create change with ease and grace and flow. ‘I have to’ can be dangerous.
- Tree mushrooms are insanely good for you, especially chaga which is an excellent antioxidant and has a high concentration of zinc. David has written a book called Chaga King of the Medicinal Mushrooms.
- I really need to learn more about medicinal herbs and how they can help the body do its thing.
- Reishi mushrooms. I need to learn more about these too, David wouldn’t stop raving about them.
- Grounding ourselves is incredibly important. How often do you stand on the grass in bare feet? Take your shoes off, stand on the grass, connect to the earth. It feels awesome.
- Our innate wisdom about what to eat and when has been lost. Life in big cities causes a disconnect from nature and our food. What was once instinct now must be done consciously.
David spoke about hormones, medicinal herbs (or ‘erbs’ as he says), joint care, oils, exercise, aloe vera, cacao, hemp leaf tea, goji berries, noni . Oh, and mushrooms. Did I mention mushrooms?
My reading list grew (gah!). Some of David’s recommended reads include: Fit for Life (the book which started his own food journey), The Book of the Damned, The Ancient Wisdom of the Chinese Herbs, and anything by Rudolf Steiner.
The Brisbane leg of David’s tour has sold the most tickets, beating Sydney and Melbourne, which reinforces my feeling that Brisbane is becoming a fabulous hot spot for conscious eating. Go Brisbane!
During the breaks I wandered around the stalls, which included Coconut Magic, Miessence, doTerra Essential Oils, Angel of Detox and Earthing Oz. I made one purchase – a jar of Revive, made by a company in WA called SuperHealth. The ingredient list for this all-in-one organic superfood powder is impressive:
Noni fruit, AFA Blue Green Algae, Marine Phytoplankton, Spirulina, Chlorella, Acai Berry, Maqui Berry, MSM, Kakadu Plum, Camu Camu Berry, Maca, Wheat grass, Barley Grass, Spelt Grass, Alfalfa Sprout, Kelp, Dulse, Medicinal Mushroom Extracts (Cordyceps, Agaricus Blazei, Shiitake, Maitake, Red Reishi, Coriolus Versicolour), Cayenne, Stevia Leaf, Vanilla Bean, Black Pepper Extract.
Sheesh. If that isn’t going to be good for me I don’t know what is!!!
So pleased I got to attend David’s conference, he educated and totally inspired me. I love my food journey!
Happy girl 🙂